The Sabra Recipe Makeover
Currently, Neil is the face of a Multimedia National Campaign with Sabra Humus products, which consists of an ongoing series of webisodes titled “Sabra Recipe Makeover”. The national campaign is hosted by Neil Fuentes and Food Network Chefs Maneet Chauhan and Chris Cheung.
Garlic Lover Burger
- 1 Medium Ground beef patty
- 1 Medium Garlic clove, finely minced
- 0.25 Cup Crema Fresca (You can find this in most grocery stores and hispanic grocery stores. If you don't find it, you can use regular sour cream and add a little bit of salt to eat.)
- 2 tbspn Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 0.5 Medium Avocado (sliced)
- 1 Large Flour tortilla
- 1 Pinch Paprika
- 1Place the minced garlic and salt and spread all over the cutting board. Place the burger patty on the cutting board and press against it to allow the garlic and the salt to go on the crust of the meat. Do the same on the other side. Place the now Garlic/salt crusted beef patti on the grill or a skillet.
- 2If you are cooking on the stove, cook the burger on a skillet for 3 minutes, flip them over and place in a 350 degree oven for 6 to 10 minutes for a medium to medium well burger. You could do less if you prefer your burger medium rare or rare.
- 3In the mean time mix the crema fresca or sour cream with the hummus. Fold the tortilla in half and spread some of the Sabra and crema fresca (or sour cream) mixture on it. Take the burger out of the oven and place on the tortilla. Add the salsa on top and the avocado, fold the tortilla to create a pocket with the burger inside. And of course Enjoy!!!!!
Venezuelan potato Salad
- 3 Medium Potatoes, pealed and diced in 1x1 inch cubes
- 2 Medium Carrots pealed and diced in 1x1 inch cubes
- 2 Medium Red apples, pealed and diced in 1x1 inch cubes
- 2 Medium Chicken breasts
- 0.5 Cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbspn Mustard
- .5 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbspn Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbspn Classic Sabra Hummus
- 1Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan, add some olive oil, salt and peper and place in the oven for about 30 minutes at 350 degree.
- 2Peal and cut your potatoes, carrots and apples. Boil the potatoes for about 8 to 10 minutes, and boil the carrots for 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3Remove the potatoes and carrots from the heat and from the water and place on the side.
- 4Mix the Mayo, the hummus, mustard and worcestershire sauce to create the dressing.
- 5When the chicken is done, take it out the oven and let it cool off to be able to handle it.
- 6Once it is cool, shred the chicken breasts into chunks.
- 7Mix the chicken, , potatoes, apples, and peas with the dressing. Mix well.
- 8When serving add a little paprika on top for some flavor and color. Enjoy!!
Super Creamy Mac and Cheese
- 3/4 Lb. Vegetarian Bacon
- cup 1/2 Onion & Fresh Herb Veggie Dip
- cup 1/2 Sabra Hummus
- 1 Sabra grilled egg plant (chopped finely)
- 1 lb. dry elbow macaroni
- 2 Leeks
- 2 Jalapenos
- cup 1/2 (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for baking dish
- cup 1/3 all purpose flour
- cup 3 whole milk
- cup 3 grated white Cheddar, divide in 2 cups and 1 cup for topping.
- tbspn 2 vegetable oil
- cup 2/3 hot sauce
- cup 1 panko bread crumbs
- cup 1 parmesan cheese
- 2Pre heat the oven at 400 degree. Cook the macaroni al dente in a large pot with heavily salted water, (the water should be as salty as ocean water).
- 3Slice the leeks. On a soup pan at medium heat, add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and the vegetarian bacon, let the bacon crisp (about 30 to 45 seconds).
- 4Remove the bacon and set aside, once it’s cool, chop it.
- 5Add 1 stick of butter to the pot and let it melt.
- 6Add the sliced leeks and let them cook for about 10 minutes, then add the jalapeños and the chopped sabra eggplant.
- 7Add the flour and let it cook for about 1 minute. In a separate bowl, whisk the milk and the Sabra Onion Veggie Dip, the Sabra Hummus and add to the pot and bring the mixture to a boil stirring constantly.
- 8Bring the heat to medium low and add 2 cups of the white cheddar and stir until melt. Add the bacon back, the hot sauce and stir.
- 9In a mixing bowl add the cooked macaroni and the cheese sauce and mix well. Add the mixture to a greased baking pan and top with the panko bread crumbs, parmesan and the rest of the cheddar cheese. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until Bubbl
- 10Remove from oven, let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Caliente Queso Meatloaf
- 1.5 lbs ground Beef
- 1/2 lb Pork
- 1/2 lb Mexican Chorizo
- cup 1/4 Adobo
- cup 1 Sabra Salsa Homestyle
- cup 2 Sabra Spanish Eggplant
- cup 1/2 Sabra Chipotle Hummus
- cup 1 Parmesan Cheese
- 3 minced Garlic cloves
- 6 grilled Jalapeños, sliced
- 6 grilled Serrano peppers, sliced
- 1 large Onion, sliced
- 12 strips Bacon
- 1 lb sharp Cheddar cheese
- cup 1 Stuffing bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- tbspn 2 Worcestershire sauce
- cup 1/4 Dijon mustard
- cup 3/4 Olive oil
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 3Mix the ground beef, the ground pork and the chorizo in a bowl
- 4Add the adobo and mix well. Place in the fridge until the rest of the prep has been done.
- 5In a large skillet at medium high heat, sauté the bacon and cook until crisp and set aside,to the same skillet add 1 1/2 of the minced garlic, onions, jalapeños and Serrano peppers and cook for about 5 minutes. remove and set aside.
- 6In the same skillet add add the left over garlic and let it cook for about 1 minute. Add the Sabra spanish eggplant and the Sabra homestyle salsa. Let this cook for about 5 minutes.
- 7Take the meat off the fridge and add: the Sabra Chipotle Hummus, the Sabra eggplant-salsa mixture, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard and the eggs. Mix Very well.
- 8Separate the meat in two parts. Add the first part to the meatloaf mold, topped with the cheddar cheese, peppers and onions, add the second half of the meat on top pressing tightly.
Spicy Tilapia Fish Cakes
- 4 Filets of Tilapia
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 1/2 Red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 Leek, chopped
- tbspn 1 Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus
- tbspn 1 Sabra Jalapeno Hummus
- tbspn 1 Sabra Luscious Lemon Hummus
- tspn 1 Capers
- tspn 1 Orange zest
- tspn 1 Lemon zest
- cup 1/2 Bread crumbs
- 1 Egg
- cup 1/2 Chopped cilantro
- cup 2 Breadcrumbs for topping
- cup 1/2 Canned pineapple
- tbspn 2 Coco Lopez
- cup 1/2 Heavy cream, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of pepper, 1 French baguette, 1/2 cup of melted butter, greens of choice
- 2Coat a hot grill in olive oil. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Place on the grill. DO NOT MOVE the fish for at least 5 minutes, this will give it time to develop a crust, and this way it will be easy to turn over.
- 3While the fish is grilling, place the garlic, bell peppers, onion and leeks in a frying pan and cook in a little olive oil until soft. Mix with the rest of the ingredients very well, except for the 2 cups of bread crumbs. Put aside.
- 4Turn the fish over.
- 5While the fish is cooking on the other side, make the sauce by blending all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Place in a sauce pan and cook at low temperature for about five minutes.
- 6At this time take the fish off the grill and let it rest. Chop into chunks and fold it in the mixture. With your hands create small cakes and coat them in the breadcrumbs. Sear the cakes in a frying pan with butter for about 3 minutes on each side, t
- 7Soak the crostini in butter and place on a baking sheet pan. Place in a 350 Degree oven until golden.
- 8Place a little bit of the sauce at one side of the plate. Place the crostini on the sauce. Place the greens on top of the crostini and the cake on the greens. Garnish with some more sauce and fruit zest for color!
Triple Decker Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 Container of Sabra Turkish Salad
- 1 Container of Sabra Pico de Gallo
- 1 Container of Sabra Roasted Garlic Dip
- 1 Container of Sabra Classic Hummus
- 1 1/2 Chili Amarillo
- 12 Slices of American cheese
- 12 Slices of prosciutto or ham
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Large loaf of bread, your choice
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 1 Kielbasa sausage or 4 hot dogs
- cup 1 Arugula
- 1/2 Stick of butter
- 3 Scallions, thinly sliced
- 2Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees
- 3Start by cutting your bread loaf into three slices. This will form a 2 deck sandwich.
- 4In a frying pan, add about 1/2 cup of olive oil on medium heat. While the oil is heating, slice the sausage or hot dogs.
- 5Add them the frying pan and let them get a bit caramelized.
- 6While that is happening, add the Sabra Hummus, Roasted Garlic Dip, the clove of garlic and the chili Amarillo to a food processor and blend to obtain a smooth paste.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Back to the frying pan, add the Sabra Turkish Salad to it and let it cook at medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes
- 9Heat up another non stick frying pan and add some butter to start melting.
- 10Give the eggs a quick whisk. Add the scallions and place in the frying pan. Immediately add 3 to 4 slices of cheese and the scallions. Once the cheese starts melting fold for about 60 seconds and take off the heat and let it rest. It will continue to
- 11Time to assemble:
- 12First, add a little olive oil to the bread and place it in the pre-heated oven for about five minutes.
- 13Take out of the oven and add the mixture of Sabra Classic Hummus and Sabra Roasted Garlic Dip to the bread.
- 14Spread very well.
- 15Add arugula to the base of the sandwich.
- 16On top of the arugula the mixture of Sabra Turkish Salad and and sausage.
- 17Top with the middle part of the bread.
- 18Add the scrambled eggs to that layer.
- 19On top of the eggs add the prosciutto and the rest of the cheese.
- 20Top with the last piece of bread.